Curly Top!

Last night, I decided to pile on them curlers and sleep with them on my hair.  Peg: Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. Sans the prince. Sans the wardrobe. And well, sans the title, natch :D
Credit: Google Images
I unraveled the curlers this morning and had bouncy, unruly hair, and very unlike the Duchess. (Note to self: have a hairstylist if I have the net worth of the Ecclestones LOL). I have a fairly round face. And like a majority  (I didn't say all. I said most :D) of Asians, I have a wide face. In fact I remember a hair stylist telling me at one photo shoot, "Girl, you're all 'face'. Let's leave the hair down to crop a bit off the face". OUCH. LOL.

If I were to leave my hair down today, I'd be all face AND curly hair. Pffft. So no. Let's not even go there. I decided to gather up the unruly, curly hair into a high pony instead. I'm better off having "all face" than having "all face AND all hair" LOL. 

I didn't quite get the Cambridge Curls *I'm baptising Catherine's hair as that from now on lol*, but I think I'm happy that the curls have somehow managed to stay on (they usually don't). And no, I didn't put any hair products for the curls to stay. It should last for a few hours, I reckon.


 So here's how I achieved the curls. I *think* I've got the technique down:

1. Shampoo hair. Do not use conditioner.
2. Towel dry after. And when it's almost dry, arrange hair in segments and roll them up in curlers. I use the soft sponge curlers. Larger one for larger curls.
3. Sleep with curlers. At least 5 hours. It isn't as uncomfortable as you think. Velcro curlers would've hurt but the sponge ones don't.  
4. Wake up and unravel hair from curlers. Shake em up a bit to loosen curls.
5. Voila!
6. Now, this #6 step is an option which I am gladly taking-- If you don't get the Cambridge Curls, tie hair in a high pony. And then there's your look! :)

And yes, you can forget about those curling irons that will only probably dry up your hair because of the heat.  It's all about the curlers for the Cambridge Curls :D

Now, peeps. I need a tiara. LOL

P.S. VERY Important: Never roll up your hair in curlers while your bed partner is still awake. Then make sure them hair thingies are gone when he wakes up. Otherwise this would be a surefire way to kill the romance LOL!

x
TheBagHag