Mega Turns 20!

Before February is over, I just want to congratulate Mega Magazine on the publication's 20th anniversary. I have been grateful for the magazine's support throughout the years, which began with a feature on my short-lived career as an accessories designer back in 2001. And then there was the feature on me as Mega Woman some 3 years after that first feature, and then returning again as this month's Mega Woman for the Anniversary issue special which has the magazine producing 3 amazing covers for it.

I want to share some of the outtakes from our shoot with sittings editor and writer Jacqui Halili- Salonga, whom I had a blast with :)

She had been relentless in pursuing me for the feature and though initially I had a lot of reservations about it, I ended up being very grateful because Jacqui had made me feel at ease about how to story was to be written, and more importantly the shoot gave me the chance to hang out with her! It was a long time coming :) 

Photographer John Ocampo at work:
See my Miu Mius :D
This was the Mega Woman shot, taken from a different angle.

I was talking to Jacqui at the time this was taken.
Dress: COS; Shoes: Miu Miu; Ring+Earrings: Accessory Lab Manille

I was pleased with the 2- page feature, Jacqui wrote so beautifully.  I'm posting a page of the feature.

You have to buy the magazine to read the story and see the full feature :) 

Thank you so much to Jacqui, and to the Mega Magazine team. Perhaps I will find the courage to post more photos of the outfit that didn't make it on the magazine here on the blog soon. The shots themselves were really hilarious, actually :) Soon, peeps. Soon :)

Happy 20th, MEGA! :)

x
TheBagHag