Bag Review: Givenchy Antigona

I know I didn't give any exposure to the Givenchy Antigona (although I had in the past tweeted about it)-- but just because I never wrote about it, doesn't mean I never liked it. In fact, I do love the bag. I had thoughts of getting either the Givenchy Pandora or the Fendi Chameleon at some point-- though I decided to pick only one and the Fendi won. They both have very similar structure over a long period of use (the structure of the bag softens).

The Givenchy Antigona is gorgeous-- I love the shape and style.  And well well what do you know, celebrities love the Antigona too!

Gwyneth Paltrow carries a black one (and so does Zoe Saldana).
Photo credit: Google Images
 And Mama Kris Jenner carries a two- toned one.
Photo credit: Google Images

Sigh. I was in fact so enamored with the blue- caramel combination that I really almost got it at that very time I laid eyes on it. 

But it was a tad heavier than I expected and I realized that this was going to be yet another blue bag to all the other blue bags I already have (tip: try not to be redundant with your bag collection-- if you want to keep your collection "lean", then make sure you have good variety, which means different colors, different styles).

So while the Antigona went to the bag "backburner" shortly after, it didn't take long for yet another Antigona style to get noticed. This time, the Shopper Tote!

Oh dear, in blue again! But come on, it's really soooo attractive!
From BarneysNY

Or ok if not in cobalt blue then in barney purple :) 
From BarneysNY

The shopper tote, as I had mentioned just a post or two ago, is a style that will be around for years and years to come. It will never go out of season or out of style at all. So this is a very safe purchase. Plus this bag is actually a lot lighter than the more structured Antigona.

Check out the other Givenchy Antigona colors at Barneys NY!

x
TheBagHag