Travelog: Dromoland Castle, Ireland

Accommodations! I forgot to take photos and write about our accommodations in Ireland!  No worries, this current location has to take the cake for being our most interesting hotel by far.

We are living in a castle at the moment :) Yes, a real castle-- well it was a castle just like Adare Manor, until it was bought, refurbished, and made into a hotel. I'm at Dromoland Castle!

The reception--  see the armored knights? :)
 Had to sign the guest registry. Apparently royalty and heads of state have stayed at this castle :) *Oh wow I get to live my dream of pretending : to live like royalty LOL* (Yeah, in my Staypuff marshmallow jacket LOL)
I signed it as "The Bag Hag" LOL-- I will add the "HRH" later hahaha :D

I was not sure what to expect. It looked like a medieval castle from outside (I have yet to take a photo-- I'll do so today), but the rooms were modern and wow, lovely! Here's my bedroom!


The bathroom's very modern as well. No iron bath tub in sight lol

My armoire-- the furniture's very French, non?

The chandelier

I love the finishing of all the pieces of furniture in the room. 

My room had a view of the lake! 

The bureau 

Before I left my room for dinner, I took this photo with my iPhone and instagrammed it.
Needless to say, this royal wannabe is very impressed :) I'll take photos of the common areas later, including the exteriors of the castle.  This is my first time to stay in a castle hotel, and I had the most restful sleep last night :)

x
TheBagHag