Pronovias at Mi Sueño Bridal Boutique

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY everyone! Thought today would be a fantastic day to talk about Bridal Gowns-- as I'm 100% sure there are wedding proposals happening tonight :D 

*Cue "Here Comes the Bride", please*

Ten years ago, I was a Pronovias bride. When I got married, I had originally planned on having my wedding gown made by a Philippine designer. Before we set the appointment to meet with the couturier, I began amassing a verrrrry impressive collection of bridal magazines. And while leafing through one of them, I fell in love with a Pronovias gown. I knew I had to wear Pronovias. It was not going to be the same to ask a couturier to work on a design that is similar to it. It had to be the real deal. Not a copy of it.
My walk down the aisle with my dad in Pronovias
During my time, it was still quite unheard of to be ordering a gown instead of having one custom- made. It was a very Western concept that obviously did not yet catch on in the Philippines. And when I did wear Pronovias, a lot of my guests thought I wore Vera Wang. Simply because during that time, Vera Wang was the only "known" designer that a select few brides would go overseas to for their wedding gowns. I didn't wear Vera Wang. I had to work within the wedding budget set by my husband's family and Vera Wang wedding gowns were just too pricey. Plus, I didn't want to look like a wedding cake lol (and Vera Wang gowns were all about the very pouffy and the very frilly back then).

Ever other Filipina bride I knew went to their preferred designers in the Philippines. When they liked a wedding gown from a bridal magazine, they would mark that page and show it to their couturier who would then work on a design that would be similar to the bride-to-be's ideal gown "pegs" (or just copy the design from head to toe). Don't lambast me for saying that, but it's really common practice back then-- plus foreign wedding gown labels were not accessible unless the bride-to-be travels a lot and is able to get the gown overseas. Confession: Secretly though, I didn't like the hassle of having to go to a designer simply because I was not very fond of going to fittings every week. Plus, I wanted to see the finished product before deciding on wearing it. What if I didn't like the gown? I'd have to be forced to wear something I didn't like? That didn't bode very well with the bridezilla control freak in me. So discovering Pronovias was like taking a huge load off my bridal shoulders! :)

When I worked as one of the editors for the top wedding magazine in the Philippines, all I could remember was reading letters from brides who had been frustrated with designers because their gowns were not completely "finished" on their wedding day. Either that or they didn't like how their gowns turned out. This is unfortunately not an extraordinary occurrence. And while we had advised many to overlook that detail because the marriage is far more important than the wedding day (and a disastrous wedding gown), it STILL mattered. You don't want to remember your wedding day as having worn something you hated, right?  If you are from the Philippines, you'd have heard of horror stories about brides' wedding gowns being unfinished, stapled, or what not. It made me glad that I had none of those problems because I ordered my gown from Pronovias. Plus I really, really loved my gown so much-- I still love it today as I look through my wedding photos.

Fast forward to 10 years later-- while at Shu Uemura getting my make- up done for the Louis Vuitton party, Pam Gonzales who happened to be there as well, told me that Pronovias was going to be carried by Mi Sueño Bridal Boutique  here in the Philippines.

This was incredible news. I can already imagine brides-to-be sighing with relief because they won't have to go through the stress of fittings and praying over their wedding gowns to be finished so they get to wear it (in its complete and breathtaking glory) on their wedding day.

Here's a little information about Pronovias if you don't know already-- this Spanish brand (headed by Manuel Mota) based in Barcelona is actually currently the world’s leading bridal house! So you know that by wearing a Pronovias wedding gown, you are in excellent hands. As a bride-to-be, having to go to a bridal boutique like Mi Sueno is quite the experience. To try on more than one wedding gown and to be able to remember that whole process? It's really priceless. I still remember the emotional experience of seeing myself in different wedding gowns to this day. I highly recommend going through it :)

Even if I was no longer working as an editor in the weddings magazine, I was luckily invited to the Pronovias presentation by Mi Sueno. I still love looking at wedding gowns *dreamy look*, and here are some of my favorites from the show :)

My absolute favorite. Lace and brides = romance and love! 
I'd wear that gown above for a formal affair, hands down! Love it!!

Beautiful silhouette. Love the details on the bodice! 


A close- up shot:
So beautiful!

I really love lace...

A little drama! This is a good red- carpet look, don't you agree? :)


Asymmetrical chic!

The back of a wedding gown should always be just as important as the front. This is back detail at its best!
Love the ruching and the beadwork.  It's so dramatic!


I also love this look

Model Vanessa Matsunaga in a sweetheart bustier with a "crisscross" bodice gown. It's simple and elegant. The gown moves so beautifully... *dreamy look*

I also loved the other gown on the right-- pin- tucked perfection!


I still love the gowns of Pronovias :)

Congratulations to Pepper Periquet for bringing Pronovias into the Philippines through Mi Sueño Bridal Boutique


As a Pronovias bride myself, I highly recommend the brand for wedding gowns. The look and feel of each piece will definitely leave you impressed, delighted, and happy on your wedding day. You should give it a go if you have just been proposed to :) 

For more information, Mi Sueño Bridal Boutique, the first ever bridal boutique in the Philippines which brings ready-to-wear wedding gowns to the modern Filipina bride, is located at the Penthouse of The Athenaeum Building, 160 L.P. Leviste St, Salcedo Village, Makati City Philippines. Telephone numbers: (+632) 848-7277 to 78 ; Mobile: (+63917) 55-SUENO. Call the boutique (www.misuenobridal.com) for a Pronovias bridal gown fitting appointment today. You'll cherish the experience and love the gowns-- I can attest to that!

Happy Hearts Day, everyone :) 

x
TheBagHag