Waist Bags? Fanny Packs?

I never thought I'd say this but I actually resurrected my belt bag *sometimes known as a fanny pack (cringe)*. In fact, ever since I began editing my bag contents, I became better at carrying smaller bags. It has been seriously liberating.

During my last trip to Paris, I took the Louis Vuitton Marelle Waist Bag with me, thinking I "could" resurrect it from its dormant life and use it one time or so.
Photo credit: Bag Borrow Steal

Guess what, I ended up using the bag a little more often than I thought! Was I ashamed of using a fanny pack belt bag? 
Can you spot the waist bag? :)
 
Frankly no, I didn't care. Because after the fairly recent theft of my friend's iPhone in the Metro in Paris, I got a little paranoid carrying a big bag. The Louis Vuitton Marelle proved extremely useful-- sadly the Marelle is no longer part of the monogram bag lineup (but do check with your local LV boutique to be sure). I've not just used the Marelle as a waist bag, I've carried it as a shoulder bag as well-- which I really liked doing (I just pull the strap in the back so it lengthens the "loop" and allows it to be carried on the arm). Recently too, I decided to use her as a clutch! So looks like I will pay more attention to my other small convertible waist bags for travel. It's time to use them again. But I think I have to be real creative so the bag doesn't get labeled as a "fanny pack" (which sounds quite derogatory, really lol).  :)

How about you? Do you think you'd see yourself "wearing" a belt/ waist bag or a fanny pack again? :) 

x
TheBagHag