Elizabeth Taylor and JAR

Sunday. A day of leisure for most. Today I decided to stay in also because of the weather. It's been raining quite a bit here in Manila and I'm actually loving it *as long as it doesn't flood the city*. So staying in has been a good option. I missed a real good party at the Sulo Hotel last night-- I ended up sleeping shortly after I had arrived from Rockwell Powerplant Mall.

Sooo, today I decided to take it easy and stay in bed and leaf through the Christie's e-Catalogue for the upcoming Elizabeth Taylor jewels! And then I saw Lot 123!


Those gold earrings!
Liz Taylor has a pair of gold- topped aluminum geranium leaf earrings by JAR. Joel Arthur Rosenthal or JAR has made a limited number of these earrings for his parfumerie boutique. I'm so pleased to see these pair among Ms. Taylor's collection-- because I have a pair myself :) *beams!!!*

I made the right choice with these earrings :) And I do love wearing them because they're not heavy at all!
I'm so happy to have these now, more than ever hahaha :)

If you'd like to find more about Elizabeth Taylor's exact same pair (of course her earrings have at some point been worn by her person, therefore making it 1,000x more valuable than mine), go through the e-catalogue for her auction, it's under Jewelry Sessions 2&3. Ms. Taylor by the way, has more than 1 JAR piece on the auction block! :)

x
TheBagHag