The Elizabeth Taylor Jewels on Display

The other "event" was at Christie's on Avenue Matignon where Elizabeth Taylor's  jewels were on display before they travel to Hong Kong and then to New York for the auction in December. This was something worth catching because once Liz Taylor's jewels go on the auction block, they will probably never be seen all together in public again.

I was unfortunately, unable to take photos of the jewels because Christie's forbade it. But I can tell you that I was so blinded by the beautiful pieces-- most of them far too exquisite for a mortal!! :) They were goddess- worthy!

The best pieces I viewed are posted below, with images courtesy of Christie's:

The Krupp diamond aka Taylor-Burton diamond ring (a massive portable iceskating rink),

the unparalleled "Taj Mahal" necklace (I had goosebumps when I saw this up close-- the history of this alone makes this piece priceless!), 


the Bulgari sautoir with that massive sapphire sugarloaf which was just so beautiful,

the big ball earrings from JAR (there was also a JAR ring included on the auction block),

the Bulgari emerald suite (WOW), 

La Peregrina necklace (all natural pearls-- so the price for this is really in the stratospheric level)

the Mike Todd tiara,

as well as the Mike Todd ruby necklace (given to her when she was in the pool!)

Another important piece of provenance is the Prince of Wales brooch which once belonged to the Duchess of Windsor

I went to sleep dreaming of these jewels! All I can say is, I was a happy camper-- as I'm sure most of the others who went to see the exhibit were as well! After all, it doesn't cost us a thing to dream :)

x
TheBagHag