PFW: Viktor and Rolf SS 2012- All Stitched Up

When the lights came on the extremely hot and stuffy venue of Viktor and Rolf's show at the Jardin des Tuileries *it was a massive sweat pit that would've prompted everyone to rush out, gasping for air-- I kid you not. It was THAT hot and stuffy inside*,  this first photo below was what greeted everyone. Applause ensued. I suppose if we were not wowed this way, a few would've walked out *as opposed to possibly suffering from heat stroke as the collection was presented hahaha*.


First look from under the"skirt" of the singers above.

Large whipstitch lacing on everything, it seems. Looks good on this trench coat dress.

Nice color contrast on the shorts, but not really liking the top.

The skirting folds detail on the coat vaguely reminded me of one of Giambattista Valli's dresses from a few years ago (I forget which season, forgive!). It's very pretty.

Dramatic sleeves. Beautiful


This is a pretty unusual color pairing. I'm honestly not too sure if the whipstitch positioning is something I find flattering on this dress. It's too Frankensteinish, sorry.

I would not wear them together like this, but I think these would work as 2 separate pieces.


Now this coat is beautiful. I love this very much!

Beautiful color. Interesting choice of shoes for the dress-- fun!!

Graduating whipstitch lacing, beautiful color contrast, graduating paillette trims

Such beautiful details with Swarovski crystal elements

I love this dress. There is a cleanness to it. Bold design, but very clean.

This is quite striking, but I would have preferred the gown above.

Refreshing to see a bride walking down the aisle in this gown. It'll be a showstopper for sure!

After the show, everyone rushed out to get a whiff of fresh air as it just became one big sauna inside Espace Ephémère Tuileries. I admit, I was really glad I stayed-- I'd rather sweat it out inside than leave because Viktor and Rolf have never disappointed.

I finally left the sweat pit a good 20 minutes after the show ended. Ok, why did I wait that long to leave the V&R sauna? Because along with a handful of photographers, I happily used the industrial fan that was on one of the sides of the venue to dry that massive abstract print of sweat that ran down the front of my dress *eeeww TMI*! Oh believe me, it was refreshing to be fanned. On the whole, I'm glad the collection was worth remembering too, not just the stifling heat :)

x
TheBagHag